Monday, May 21, 2007

MAKING STUFF ON A GREY DAY


I have woken up to an overcast day that seems like it might linger for a while which I hope for since we are headed into plenty of all day hot and sunny days. Something about the heaviness of the grey hanging on the city, esp. in the morning, windows open, birds chirping, etc. inspires me to create. I had so many wonderful and new ideas floating through my head this morning so I could not wait to get up, make some coffee and get to it.

A friend and I applied to a sooper cool craft fair here in Los Angeles, FELT CLUB (added their banner here) which we may or may not get into but I am going to craft as if we are and it will be a WIN WIN situation as the new creations will go up in my Etsy shop or see themselves on the table at a different fair. Then I will "try try again" for their November event. I would assume FC gets so many apps. that their head is spinning. It really is a cool fair to shop. I went to the very first one and a few of the small ones after and must admit I could not resist spending money at all that I went to. There was always something someone made that I could not resist. Great for gift shopping, esp. for kids. The first FC I went to, I had several new babies in my life all of a sudden and I found buying handmade was SOOOO perfect because I knew I was giving a really gift that NOONE else was going to give. Good feeling inside! Jordan Crane's prints found their way into many homes after I visited a FC event, as well. His stuff is so cool! His books are just terrific! It's so worth the visit to this Carft Fair.

Well, I must get some joe and get to CREATIN'. Will check back in later with some pics of what I make!

No comments: