Saturday, May 26, 2007

RECYCLE UPCYCLE REUSE....






When I bought one of those "Simple Human" trash cans with the flip top lid that you control with your foot, it came with a free mini "simple human". I had no idea what to do with it until someone introduced to me this fabulous technique of reusing small paper, fabric and thread scraps to make a textile quilty thingy-ma-bobby that is hard to describe but I have used as a spine on a journal thus far. You use 2 pieces of Sulky Solvy...lay one piece down then spread all sorts of scraps out and then place another piece of Sulky Solvy over that creating a sandwich of sorts. I pin the sides together to keep the sandwich together. Then sew the you-know-what out of it every which way making sure it is securely sewn. Rinse under cool water...Sulky Solvy disappears leaving you with something fabulous that you can do whatever you want with. Check out pics above of process then what I have made...am in the midst of making some small journals tonight utilizing this technique.Will post those this weekend but look at what I already made....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat!

~Stella said...

It's official...you are a bookbinding genius! Where do you come up with these amazing ideas???

:)
Stella