Friday, October 12, 2007

KETCHUP....CATCH UP!!!!

So, I've not blogged in a while and really shouldn't be doing it right now as I am busy working on a wedding project for submission for a book a friend of mine is writing! But thought I would take a coffee break and post a pic or 2 of the things I am and have been working on. Honestly, I have been swamped playing the "catch up" and "keep up" game the past few weeks. I have finally crossed a few things off my creative to-do list as well as the IRS to-do list....my extended taxes are done and all I need to do is sign the paperwork. WHEW!!!!! That alone makes me a happy camper camping in the Tetons as that would be my fave place to camp if I were camping.

I got a project of some pillows made that have been on my to-do list since July...egad! They will be a gift from a mother to her son which though I am not a seamstress, I seemed to pull it off. I also put some images on a canvas tote for her to present the pillows in...pretty good lil' gift bag, I would say. Better than some old paper bag one!








I have started a new journal/blank book using a great fabric from Japan with a whimsical robot motif....I AM SO ADDICTED TO Japanese fabric these days. This robot fabric is by Trefle and is just wonderful. I am beginning to collect yardage of whatever I can get my hands on.




Well, back to my "GREEN" project which just might end up in a book.

Oh....and something pretty fantabulous is that I got a "how to" article on my "GREEN" scrappy book published in an on-line newsletter from Quilting Arts. I will include a link to subscribe as well as see the article in the archives with the date of 10/10, issue #50...if you are reading this blog post this week, it won't be in the archives until 10/17, I would assume. Here ya go:

http://www.quiltingarts.com/qallc/eNewsletter_form.html

Will try to copy and paste it here for you to see:


http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xt6yffcab.0.zddiu4bab.gh8q8ybab.4636&ts=S0284&p=http://www.quiltingarts.com/qahome.html
Fiber Art Trends from Quilting Arts Magazine
Issue 50
In this issue of Quilting Arts Embellishments you'll find tips for making fabric from scraps and turning it into a book cover, plus a book to inspire more recycling projects.

rule
In This Issue
Scrap Fabric Recipe
Make a Scrap Fabric Book
Creative Recycling Book
http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xt6yffcab.0.9y7gefcab.gh8q8ybab.4636&ts=S0284&p=https://subscribe.pcspublink.com/giftFormGeneric.asp?track=JTGS7&pub=QLTA&term=6
book

http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xt6yffcab.0.bv4ds5bab.gh8q8ybab.4636&ts=S0284&p=https://subscribe.pcspublink.com/magazine/Intw/subscribeForm.asp?track=JTA17&pub=QLTA&term=6
http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=xt6yffcab.0.u5c5hbcab.gh8q8ybab.4636&ts=S0284&p=https://subscribe.pcspublink.com/wbsis/default.aspx?pub=QLTA



scrappy book

Tips for making a Scrappy Book


"Since I love binding books, I made books from my newly created scrappy fabric," says Kelley.

Materials:

Directions:
  1. Cut a piece of scrappy fabric to the size desired for your book cover (measure the covers plus the spine.) Make a buttonhole on the "front" side of the fabric, near the edge, for the closure.
  2. Cut a piece out of leftover fabric for the spine to the length and width desired and sew it on to the scrappy fabric.
  3. Cut another piece of leftover fabric for the closure and stitch it onto the "back" side of the cover, long enough to reach the buttonhole on the front. Stitch a button or large bead onto the end (make sure it will fit through the buttonhole).
  4. Set colorful eyelets around the edges of the covers about every ½ inch and then "whipstitch" around the edges with ribbon, through the eyelets.
  5. Stitch the paper signatures into place on the spine and bead the strings on the spine where the signature thread has come through.

bookCreative Recycling in Embroidery

If you like recycling fabrics and papers for fiber arts, check out Creative Recycling in Embroidery by Val Holmes.

For more events, projects, challenges, and new and exciting mixed-media products and books, visit our website, QuiltingArts.com. If you are a current subscriber of Quilting Arts Magazine, or if you place a subscription/renewal order with an order, you will receive 10% off our retail prices on all your purchases (excluding subscription orders and renewals).


So, I will shut up and take and Advil PM and snooze for a few and get up and start all over again, go to the day job, go to the p/t personal assisting job after that and back to the creative grindstone! Wish me luck as my hair is beginning to turn white cramming it all in in such a short period of time. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? I can't figure out if I am the world's greatest procrastinator or if there really is just so much to do! Hee!

ROCK ON YALL!

Oh...nearly forgot! I just found out that I am going to be part of what looks to be a PRETTY DARN AWESOME craft bizaare in early December so more on that later as I will want to write up all the deets for everyone!

No comments: