Saturday, October 13, 2007

SCRAPPY DOO!

There are lotsa artists out there doing a piece of artwork a day...did that once for 30 days...should post that artwork here in the near future. Well, I am going to challenge myself to blog more...I can't commit to every day as my life is just NOT THAT EXCITING and the day job alone sucks quite a bit o' energy from moi. So, if it is "day job" all day day, then probably "no blog fo' you!" Hee....just kidding.

Anywhoo, am in a massive creating mode due to some deadlines so thought I would take pics as I go along on my creative journey.

Am working on an "upcycle/recycle/green" book and here is the beginning. Late last night I piled, stitched and rinsed and this morning the piece is almost ready to bind into something wonderful. It is still a bit damp due to how thick the fabricky goodness is.

So, I blogged with a cup o' joe in my hand last night and here I am this morning with another cup of Peet's Columbian coffee with a bit o' cinnamon added and a sleeping cat in my lap as I sit here at the computer.

Here are some pics from my adventure in fabric making last night:


THE SCRAP HEAP!!!! Sandwiched 'tween 2 pieces of Sulky Solvy and then pinned together...was pinning at this point.

BEGINNING TO STITCH.......stitch the craziest quilt ya ever did and then stitch some more to secure everything down. I use scraps from everything I do craft wise....even the left over threads and paper...you name it, it's in there....well....not the kitchen sink...but ya get my drift. However, I AM sewing next to A sink....if that counts for anything.
Here I have stitched enough to be able to start pulling out the pins which is my fave part because the pins are a pain in the behind...I keep getting poked with them as I try to sew....so, that is my first objective....to get to a place where I can pull those buggers out and sew every which way like a mad woman.
Here is what the final piece looks like this morning as it is still drying out from the Sulky Solvy being rinsed off late last night.


Will be back soon with more pics of what this scrappy fabric evolves into.
Yall take care now, ya hear!

No comments: